Here are the questions that I am asked most often (and my answers.) I keep adding to this list, so make sure to check back for updates.
About divorce and family law:
- What are the steps to obtaining a divorce?
- Do my spouse and I have to legally separate before we can get divorced?
- Will I (or my spouse) be forced to move out of our house when the divorce is filed?
- If I DO move out of my house, will the Court consider that “abandonment?”
- At a certain age, does a child get to choose which parent s/he lives with?
- How much child support will I pay (receive)?
- Does child support automatically stop when my child turns 18?
About wrongful termination and employment law:
- Does my boss need a good reason to fire me?
- When and how should I apply for unemployment benefits?
- Does my employer have to give me time off if I am sick?
- Can I be fired because I have a medical condition?
- What if I need an accommodation at work due to a medical condition?
Finally, the practical stuff:
If your question is not answered above, you can always email me directly. Thanks for visiting, and I hope this information is helpful to you.